Sunday, February 2, 2014

January NewFO

This year in my endeavour to blog more I am going to really really try to blog about NewFO each month :)  For those who don't know, NewFO is run by Barbara at Cat Patches and is a great incentive to start new projects :)

A list of this months participants is here...

OK so this month I started my strawberry quilt...



This is actually now finished, quilted and binding done, but I will post completed pictures another day :)

Next I started a quilt based on a Schnibbles pattern Jersey Girl.  Now Jersey Girl was supposed to be 36" square, but I wanted something bigger to fit on a queen size bed, so used layer cakes instead of charm packs :)


Here it is in progress...


And here is the finished quilt top.  Each block is 25" finished size and a 5" border, making it 89" square :)

Don't forget to check out what everyone else has been up to this month!




4 comments:

  1. wow both these quilts are awesome,well done my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Strawberry quilt! Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how many quilters have kitty assistants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, sweet strawberries, and lucky you to have such a great helper!

    ReplyDelete