Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A very special quilt

I wanted to share with you a very special quilt.  Back in May of this year my bestest quilting friend passed away suddenly.  Just 2 weeks prior she had given me a quilt top to quilt for her, no rush she said, as it was for a Christmas present.  So I took it home and put it away.  Unfortunately she never got to see it quilted.  It was a while before I was up to working on it, and it spent a few months on my machine.  Once it was quilted I added the binding, and hand sewing it down was one of the most healing things I could have done, it was so peaceful sitting under my friends quilt and remembering all the laughs and giggles we had had.  I know my friend would have loved her quilt!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so sorry about your friend, but am glad you found comfort in quilting her quilt. It is amazing the dimension 'quilting' plays in all of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, no hurry.... .we never know when our number will be called do we?

    I hope you put her birthday and date she died on the back and any other important stuff about your dear friend on a beautiful label.......sorry for your loss.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete