Sunday, June 6, 2010

Another finish - Raspberry Ripple

I have to say I really love this pattern, and I love how my bag turned out!

This was a kit put together by Patterns Only/Oz Material Girls as part of their Bag Club.  The pattern is called Raspberry Ripple and is by Melly and Me.  It came together quite nicely, and looks far more complicated than it actually was (and I would have made it even easier for myself if I had have read the instructions instead of racing ahead LOL).  I used my own fabric for the top band, you can see in a previous post I had a stripe fabric there but it wasn't doing it for me so then I found the big dotty fabric and it worked really well, LOVE it!

It is supposed to have a magnetic closure at the top BUT I raced ahead and sewed up the opening in the lining after turning it through, only to find the magnetic fittings had to be inserted through that gap - oops!  Figured I would see how it goes, I can always unpick later and add it in if I want :)

I love big zippered pocket inside too, very handy!

7 comments:

  1. Wow this bag looks great, the colour is very eyecatching I'm sure it and you will receive lots of comments when you are using it. I love Melly and Me patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is really unique and you are right, it looks difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of the nicest bags I've seen. Nice fabric selection too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting via Spring Bingo. Darling bag...don't you just love polka dots??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got your link from In Stitches. Love the bag, bright and cheery. Think I'll add you to my Reader :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on vacation and am just now catching up on my blogs. Wow, Susan, you did a FABULOUS job on that bag! That's another Melly & Me pattern I have wanted to purchase, but it looks very hard. I may have to go ahead and get it, though, because your bag looks so GREAT!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made an absolute winner there! I love it!

    ReplyDelete