Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Unloved quilt top

Well I finished Girly-Girls new quilt top last week, just in time to take it with me when we picked her up after her holiday at Grandma's house.  I have been hesitant to post about it, because I am not sure how I feel about it now.  I was so sure she would love it, but she hardly looked at it and wandered off before I had even completely unfolded it and hasn't mentioned it since.  She is 11, so is it a pre-teen thing?
So now do I go ahead and quilt it (I had left it so the Girly-Girl could choose the pattern), or put it in the back of the cupboard and forget about it?

I felt bad that I hadn't made a quilt top for The Boy so I whipped him up one of Pink Penguins fabric baskets (I am a bit addicted to these!).  He loved his basket, and after giving it a big hug promptly filled it with his most important treasures, so at least I had a win there!
I have made both of my baskets out of 2.5" squares instead of the 2" called for in the original, simply because I had them already cut and it was easier to adjust the pattern than to cut all the squares down in size.  I am sure I will be making some more so for future reference I made the bottom 8 1/2" x 12 1/2" and the lining 12" x 16".  :)

3 comments:

  1. oh how disappointing...........I would still get it quilted and quietly put it on her bed and see what happens.......pleased your son likes his basket.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I love your version of the quilt too.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that - how very disheartening! It is probably a pre-teen thing! I think the quilt top is LOVELY! I'm so glad the bag was a hit!

    ReplyDelete