Friday, April 16, 2010

Shopping!

Well today was shopping day, fabric shopping of course!  I had a discount voucher, and it seemed a shame to let it go to waste, an "unfortunately" there was a minimum spend so of course I had to make absolutely sure I reached it LOL!  So these yummies came home with me...

Now anyone that knows me will know that I do not do red.  Ever.  Which is funny given that I am a volunteer firefighter and love my Big Red Trucks!  But there are so many yummy reds out there now that I thought it was about time I gave red a chance!

My mum has pet chickens, and the chicken fabric just seemed so her, so that will be the lining for my Canvas Spring Tote by Handmade By Heidi that I will be making during tonights Friday Night Sew In.  The plain red in the top picture next to the chickens will be the outside of my tote, and the plain navy blue in the bottom will be handles as I couldn't find the right kind of rope.

Then tomorrow I am very excited to be taking part in Dandelion Quilts Tote Party Sew In, and I will be making the Dandy Bag.  These are the fabrics I have chosen, the one on the left is Moda Bella in Chocolate (my lovely postie brought an ENTIRE bolt of it today!), and I can't decide between it and the purple on the left.  I will see how it looks once I start cutting I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment