Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My first post....

Well I have spent the last week or so getting my blog all set up, so I thought it was about time I actually posted to it!  I have always sworn I would never have a blog, how embarrassing writing all those things for strangers to read!  Besides I don't have anything interesting to say anyway.  Which is why I figured that I was pretty safe when it comes to being embarrassed because no one will want to read this anyway!

So I wanted to do this to try and keep track of all the things I make, and to motivate me to do more.  So here are my latest projects!

I recently signed up to Quilt Fabric Delights Bagalicious Club and finished my first bag last week.  I wasn't overly happy with it though, the opening gaped, and even more so once I had my purse and my phone and my pager and everything else I carry around in it.  So today I unpicked the facing and moved the handles to the sides instead of the end and love it now!



So then I had a few scraps left over, and I found this fabric basket tutorial from Pink Penguin so spent an enjoyable afternoon sewing. I found a lovely gray wool suiting fabric that I used on the bottom and handles, and love how it turned out.



I will not tell you how many times I had to unpick because I had sewn that text fabric upside down!!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging!! I enjoy my blog to use it sort of as a diary if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Soozem

    Welcome to blogland. Love your bag and basket.

    Regards
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Welcome to blogging! I, too, started my blog to keep track of the things that I make. But pretty soon you will begin to "make friends" with other bloggers and you will begin to post about all sorts of stuff. It's really a lot of fun!

    Thanks for coming by my blog and entering my give away. Good luck!

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogland! Your basket is gorgeous! I like your big list of tutorials too! lol I might have to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute bag! And the basket....cute, cute, cute.

    ReplyDelete